Saturday, September 10, 2011

thoughts

What am I thinking about right now? I'm thinking about you.

I'm thinking about you like surfers think of the ocean
Like the ocean thinks about the moon
Like boats think of waves
Like I think of going back to California

I'm thinking about you,
Like Ariel thinks about living on land
Like toes think about sand
Like they think of holding hands

Like fish think of swimming
Like feet think about running
Like babies think about walking
Like creepers think about stalking

I'm thinking about you,
Like stomachs think about food
Like she thinks about that one dude
Like music thinks about the mood

Like guitars think about strumming
Like mouths think of humming
Like iPods think of singing

What are you thinking about?

7 comments:

  1. I like how each new paragraph has its own rhyme to it. nice metaphors too

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Like creepers think about stalking" very original, good work.

    By the way I love the music you have up if you can't tell by my name... Skrillex is great and Flux is unreal. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What thinks of holding hands? Toes?

    That is so true. So true. I wonder if toes get jealous of fingers? I would if i was pudgy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like this! like ariel thinks about land like toes think about sand! so true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the line about thinking about california was a nice touch--cuz everyone has a special place that they wish they were at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha the Creeper line made me laugh! Great writing

    ReplyDelete